Unity Aunt's House [v0.0.1] [AceStudio]

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes

Phoenix1177

Lurker
Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Nice start. I like the characters and the art style and the game seems to be running fine without any issues. I hope you guys are able to build something nice here. If the updates deliver the content, I will gladly support this project.

Some things I noticed:
  1. During the first arrival scene where you get shown around the house, Sarah walking up the stairs looking not good at all. I'm not sure if it is the anymation or the allignment, but the was barely moving like a human during it.
  2. During the night dream, the MC spawned on the floor next to the bed while Sarah was still on the bed.
  3. The floating text can be a bit inconsistant. During 1 conversation, the text kept switching place. You are also a bit close to the subject, meaning a lot of the time I had to look way up to see the text, which felt a bit weird since you want to look at someones face while talking to them. I feel like a normal text box might be better in those cases. I did like it during the dinner conversation with multiple people.
  4. The dishwashing minigame was not horrible, but also not great. The on-screen arrows are the opposite way as the MC actually moves and it felt like you had to move to much per plate. I would like to see the option to skip these minigames if there are going to be more, I could see them getting old fast.

Reactions: Maccafloy
Oct 5, 2019
Game gets stuck right after the start, after you wake up in a bus it tells me "you got a new quest, press "K" to see your active quest" but i cant do anything, i tried reinstalling but it didnt work.
Hey fren, had the same issue only I was able to get past after restarting 4 times. Fourth time I decided to use the default name and switched to windowed mode. What I noticed is that the first three times my character was holding his phone but not on the 4th. Hope this helps.

AceStudio

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
Nice start. I like the characters and the art style and the game seems to be running fine without any issues. I hope you guys are able to build something nice here. If the updates deliver the content, I will gladly support this project.

Some things I noticed:
  1. During the first arrival scene where you get shown around the house, Sarah walking up the stairs looking not good at all. I'm not sure if it is the anymation or the allignment, but the was barely moving like a human during it.
  2. During the night dream, the MC spawned on the floor next to the bed while Sarah was still on the bed.
  3. The floating text can be a bit inconsistant. During 1 conversation, the text kept switching place. You are also a bit close to the subject, meaning a lot of the time I had to look way up to see the text, which felt a bit weird since you want to look at someones face while talking to them. I feel like a normal text box might be better in those cases. I did like it during the dinner conversation with multiple people.
  4. The dishwashing minigame was not horrible, but also not great. The on-screen arrows are the opposite way as the MC actually moves and it felt like you had to move to much per plate. I would like to see the option to skip these minigames if there are going to be more, I could see them getting old fast.
Thank you for your feedback :D

Some of the points you mentioned have already been brought up on my Discord. I've added them to my to-do list, and I'll see what I can do to address them.

Regarding the dishwashing game, you’ll only need to complete the minigames to improve relationships with the girls. However, since there are other ways to achieve this, the minigames will be 100% avoidable. An exception to this might be when a minigame is integrated into a quest, like in the case of the dishwashing game.

Tying motion to mouse is very bad, can't function. Not being able to just select windowed max instead of full screen or various sizes is a drawback. Have no idea what the game is as it opened in a sex scene with autoplay and I could see anything with the scene twisting around. Even in other games with 3d viewing it's usually tied to right mouse click/hold.
Maybe in the future it will be playable with a mouse, good luck.
I'm not sure if I fully understood your point about the mouse, but if the issue is with the mouse sensitivity, there is a setting to adjust that. The problem is that the settings menu isn't accessible from the first cutscene. I'll fix that in the next update.

Apelsin

May 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the demo. Waiting for updates.
I didn't notice any bugs, but I found the game very bright, playing in the dark is painful for my eyes :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: AceStudio

jampfl

Dec 20, 2021
Thank you for your feedback :D

Some of the points you mentioned have already been brought up on my Discord. I've added them to my to-do list, and I'll see what I can do to address them.

Regarding the dishwashing game, you’ll only need to complete the minigames to improve relationships with the girls. However, since there are other ways to achieve this, the minigames will be 100% avoidable. An exception to this might be when a minigame is integrated into a quest, like in the case of the dishwashing game.

I'm not sure if I fully understood your point about the mouse, but if the issue is with the mouse sensitivity, there is a setting to adjust that. The problem is that the settings menu isn't accessible from the first cutscene. I'll fix that in the next update.
I'm also encountering the same bug some others users reported regarding the intro to the game. After naming the character to what I prefer, the intro plays out but the main character has his phone out during the sex scene and then when the screen transitions to earlier in the summer the screen gets stuck on the prompt to open your phone and check your quests. Can't press "O" or "K" to progress through the game and have to alt f4 to restart.

Nott_Bell

Jun 22, 2020
I had a similar issue with a bug at the start, I noticed once i reset my mouse cursor disappeared. I hit escape and it came back. It might have to do with something regarding the mouse and a button setup. Also game looks rad. Hope to see more of it.

GanjiangMoye

Mar 24, 2024
i feel like i need more of this gameplay.

So ty for sharing your work.

Any plan about the route of update?

AceStudio

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
I had a similar issue with a bug at the start, I noticed once i reset my mouse cursor disappeared. I hit escape and it came back. It might have to do with something regarding the mouse and a button setup. Also game looks rad. Hope to see more of it.
I'll have to investigate this one. I tried to recreate it from the info I already have, but no luck

AceStudio

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
i feel like i need more of this gameplay.

So ty for sharing your work.

Any plan about the route of update?
I can't talk about specific updates yet. As I mentioned on Discord, my goal is to update the game monthly. However, since I'm working on this project part-time, that might not always be possible.

Regarding the content of the updates, I'll probably make a post soon on Discord with more details about the planned content. One thing I'd like to share is that the story will likely have a slow pace—not grindy, but more story-driven. I don't see much value in a story where characters immediately start being intimate but we'll see how it goes...

Reactions: Kaiten69

GanjiangMoye

Mar 24, 2024
I can't talk about specific updates yet. As I mentioned on Discord, my goal is to update the game monthly. However, since I'm working on this project part-time, that might not always be possible.

Regarding the content of the updates, I'll probably make a post soon on Discord with more details about the planned content. One thing I'd like to share is that the story will likely have a slow pace—not grindy, but more story-driven. I don't see much value in a story where characters immediately start being intimate but we'll see how it goes...
ty for the answer, are you working alone on this one?

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
fun game, nice demo a bit wierd with the text, but i see alot of comments about it. liked it. hope to see continue of it, and hope u can make it so we can save progress.

ChaseX1

Nov 10, 2023
I liked the Demo very much. It took a bit of getting used to because of the text above the character heads, but that always focuses you on the corresponding NPC, like at dinner when the daughters look back and forth between mother and father. It brings life to the conversation. I think the game has great potential I would perhaps model Bennjamin's face a little older. A few wrinkles make the “stressed office worker” look authentic. The game is definitely at the top of my watch list :D

Reactions: .Sirene
4.40 star(s) 9 Votes